Send a Thank You Postcard with Lob after purchase on Facebook Shop
Zapier template to automatically send postcards after a Facebook Shop order. Links:
In this tutorial, I'm gonna show you how to send a Thank You postcard to any customer that purchases on your new Facebook Shop store.
So, for those of you who are in e-commerce, you know that one of the most critically challenging and important things is maintaining a really high customer lifetime value and a high customer lifetime value increases the profitability of your store.
One of the best ways to do that is through remarketing. For example, you can send emails or serve people ads to get them to come back to your store. But, one of the most effective ways is actually using direct mail because that's gonna put an ad right in front of the person inside of their home.
So, with this automation, we're gonna use a simple Zapier template that says every time there's a new order in your Facebook Shop, go ahead and send that person a thank you card using Lob.
1. Navigate to https://zapier.com/app/editor/135281015/nodes/135281015**
Once you click Get Started in the Zap template, you'll come to a page where you can set up your trigger to start this automation. We're going to set that up so that every time a new order comes in with our Facebook Shop, we're gonna collect some information around who ordered it and where we're sending that product.
2. Click "Set up trigger" to select the account associated with your Facebook Shops store.
3. Click Test Trigger to pull an example purchase.
Now, we're going to take that same information from the purchase and we're going to trigger an action here in Zapier to send a postcard via Lob.
4. Click "2. Send Postcard in Lob"
And you'll be able to fully customize your entire postcard design, but for this example, we're gonna send a 4x6 postcard.
5. Log in to your Lob account and then click "Set up action" to configure your postcard.
For the front-file and back-file, I would recommend customizing this to your brand design. You can use a simple image file or you can use custom HTML.
For this example, I just used a simple example template from Lob's website.
6. Configure a front file for your postcard.
7. Configure a back file for your postcard
And then, we're just gonna pass in the buyer's name, their address, their city, their state, their ZIP automatically via Zapier so Lob knows where to deliver the Postcard.
8. Automatically send the postcard to the person that purchased from your Facebook Shop.
Don't forget to put in your location as the return address information!
9. Enter your store's locations as the return address.
Once I turn this on, every time someone makes a new order in my Facebook Shop, automatically without me having to do anything else, it's gonna send that postcard directly to them in the mail.
10. Click "Test action" to make sure things are setup correctly.
11. Click "Turn on Zap" to automate this action going forward!
Now, my past purchasers are going to be looking at my brand, not only with my awesome new product but also as a reminder to purchase again.
You can get really creative here, but the most successful postcards are usually offering a repeat purchase discount code, or even a recommended next product.
Hope this is helpful! Keep moving and keep increasing your lifetime value for each customer.